About our camps
The department has been running school holiday camps since 2009. Our
mission is to offer accessible, affordable and fun opportunities for
kids during the school holidays to promote being active in the outdoors.
Camps may run at any of our four metropolitan camps (Bickley, Ern Halliday, Point Walter and Woodman Point) and one regional camp (Camp Quaranup) over the school holidays. Note that not all sites will run camps each school holidays.
What are the benefits of our school holiday camps?
Kids get to:
- Have fun
- Make new friends
- Learn to challenge themselves while developing in confidence and independence
- Learn new skills
- Enhance their social skills, personal growth and self-esteem
- Older kids learn about team building, problem solving and leadership
Who can attend?
- Our programs are offered to Year 4 (nine-year-olds) to Year 10 (15-year-olds).
- Our camps cater for special diets, medical conditions and allergies.
- Please contact our holiday bookings coordinator to discuss your child's requirements and to discuss suitability of the camp on 61 8 9492 9779
What's on offer?
- A different camp theme is typically offered each school
holidays. Activities may include rafting, canoeing, high and low ropes,
caving, flying fox, lost pilot, archery, fishing, climbing wall, team
building and crate climb.
- Given that safety is our number one priority, program activities
will vary depending on the season and camp location, age, experience
and ability of the children. Due to varying weather conditions Staff
have the right to change and alter programs on the day, without
- Please check this page regularly to see what's coming up for the next school holidays.
- All school holiday programs are run by qualified instructors. All of our staff have current and up to date Senior First Aid qualifications Police Clearances and Working with Children Checks.
- If our staff are required to run technical programs such as
abseiling or climbing then current industry qualification standards will
be adhered to.
- There will be both male and female staff in attendance at each holiday program.
What is the cost?
- Each camps cost will vary. Check out the event details in our current camp section for more information.
- Costs include all meals and available activities as well as dormitory accommodation for overnight camps.
How do I enrol my child?
- Complete the registration form for the specific camp you are interested in.